Soldiers and Sailors Given Scare by Reports That NSL Is Out for Blood

Story That Radical Element Will Disrupt Ball Is Branded As Fiction

A scare was thrown into the ranks of the committee for the Military and Naval Ball last night, when the rumor was circulated about that the National Student League still smarting from the disturbance of their meeting on the steps of Widener several weeks ago, were plotting the destruction of the Ball, scheduled for this Friday evening.

Scouts were sent out the Liberal Club meeting to discover whether that organization was also in on the flendish schemes but these liaison officers were hastily expelled from the Lowell House Common Room where the meeting was being held. A special meeting of the dance committee was called by the Chairman Robert S. Hurlbut '34 to consider an immediate counter attack but the R.O.T.C. unit was destined to battle against thin air, when the N.S.L. failed to show any inclination of supporting the rumors with action.

To allay any fears that students might have concerning the ability of the committee to take care of itself, Hurlbut issued the following statement: "Arrangements for our sixth Annual Ball have been going on for the past two months. After all our work we will not allow the National Student League to disturb our plans, in spite of the fact that our mere existence is an insult to them. The dance will be held Friday night as previously announced."

No reply to this declaration was forthcoming from the National Student League last night, but popular opinion had it that the fright of the soldiers and Sailors was a fiction.