KEYES RESIGNS AS ASSISTANT DEAN TO STUDY FOR PH.D.

Captain of Freshman Soccer, Member Of Lampoon, Speakers' Club, D.K.E., And Many Others

So that he may devote his entire attention to graduate study, Langley Carleton Keyes '24, assistant Dean in charge of the Junior Class will resign from his position at the end of this academic year, it was learned yesterday.

The duties of the office to which he was appointed eight years ago, have not permitted Dean Keyes to devote much of his time to study and he hopes, when relieved of a full-time job to be able to complete his work for a doctor's degree. Although he has made no definite plans as yet, it is known that Dean Keyes is interested in teaching as a profession and it is not expected that he will return to his administrative position after receiving the degree.

No successor has been appointed so far, but it is understood that University Hall officials have been on the lookout for a man to take the place of the retiring dean.

Dean Keyes, graduated from the College in 1924 after establishing an enviable record as an undergraduate. He was captain of the Freshman soccer team, member of the Freshman swimming team, and member of the Freshman Smoker Committee during his first year at Harvard. As an upperclassman, he was a member of the Student Council, the Lampoon, the Speakers' Club, the Phoenix Club, the Institute of 1770, D. K. E., the Hasty Pudding Club and the D. U. Club.