CORNELL'S STRONG NINE PLAYS TODAY IN DOUBLEHEADER

Braggiotti Expected to be Choice in Second Tilt -- Mitchell Seeks Mound Talent for Game Tomorrow

If the weatherman smiles on Soldiers Field this afternoon, one of the strongest teams in the Eastern Intercollegiate, Baseball League will be seen in action, when the hard-hitting Cornell outfit tackles the Varsity. For the Crimson, Coach Fred Mitchell will probably choose Captain Eddie Loughlin to perform in the first game, which is scheduled for 3 o'clock, while Drib Braggiotti will take the second affair.

Leads the League

At present Cornell is leading the league, thanks to a pair of victories taken from Columbia last weekend. When Harvard played that same Lion outfit on April 24, the result was a 4-1 victory and a 6-2 defeat. On that occasion, the last game the weather-man permitted Mitchell's proteges, Loughlin was in top form, while Braggiotti who was pitching his second stretch in three days, wasn't quite up to what he had shown against Tufts and Providence.

The Cornell twin bill is only the start of Fred Mitchell's troubles, for tomorrow Princeton comes to town, and Mitch has got to find some one to occupy the mound. In his search for pitching talent he has tried taking Braman Gibbs from right field and sending him out to serve 'em up. In the meantime, Paul deGive, Varsity hurler in 1933, has even been seen behind the plate. Of all the remarkable transferences for which Mitchell is famous, this combination sets an all-time record--especially if either of these men appears in his new role and does something.