Examination Leisure

THE MAIL

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

It was recently announced that men taking divisional examinations in the Departments of History, Government, and Economics, would be allowed to enter the examination hall fifteen minutes early in order to read over the papers before the blue books were handed out.

I am thoroughly in sympathy with this move, but I regret that it cannot be broadened to include all the Departments in all divisional, mid-year, and final examinations. This is one of the few drastic changes coming recently from University Hall which is beneficial directly to the students, and it is unfortunate that it is as restricted in its scope.

This innovation will remove to a great extent a feeling which is always prevalent among both men taking exams and instructors grading them, namely, that certain individuals tend to be over-excited and flurried whenever they start to take a quizz in any subject. By giving time for consideration of the paper, much of this unfortunate acepticism will be removed.

It is to be hoped that other departments will be included in this new arrangement in the near future. A Junior.