Harlow Reverberations

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed In printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be withheld.)

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

I am enclosing a clipping from the Washington Herald of January 7th anent the new football coach. The article is appreciative of Mr. Harlow, but it is with a shade of regret that I note that in a moral way his aims, as expressed in the article, as well as those of the lamented Haughton, and, indeed, of Harvard, seem to lack something of the old Puritanical high-mindedness that was went to be associated with Harvard and New England. Clifford R. Richards,

Chevy Chase, Md.

(Ed. Note: The section of the article by Vincent X. Flaherty of the Washington Herald, to which Mr. Richards refers, follows: "And so to Harvard goes Dick Harlow.--To the banks of the Cambridge where Harlow, a man of modern football destiny, takes over the once proud heritage of flery, caustic-tongued Percy Haughton. And if it's a prediction you want, let it be said here that Dick Harlow, from little Western Maryland and the hills of Westminster, will one day climb that lofty pedestal of immorality (sic) that could only be synonymous with Haughton and Harvard.")