Four Faculty promotions, approved by the Board of Overseers at the last meeting, were announced last night. One of the changes was in the College Faculty, one in the Medical School, and two in the Dental School.
Grinnell Jones was named Professor of Chemistry from September 1, 1934. He took his S.B. at Vanderbilt in the Class of 1903, received a Harvard A.M. in 1905, and a Ph.D. in 1908. Mr. Jones has been a member of the Harvard Faculty since 1912. During the war years of 1917-1919 he was chief chemist for the United States Tariff Commission.
Frederick T. Lord '97, becomes Clinical Professor of Medicine, Emeritus. Professor Lord has been on the staff of the Medical School since 1909, and has held the chair of Clinical Professor of Medicine since 1930.
In the Dental School, Wilson C. Dort has been elected Associate Professor of Dental Anatomy for a three year term, and John W. O'Connell has been named Associate Professor of Pharmacology, also for three years.