McGILL FACES VARSITY HOCKEY TEAM TONIGHT

DEWEY, FORD, AND CARR TO MAKE UP NEW FIRST LINE

Expecting to follow Yale's example of inflicting defeat upon the invading McGill sextet, Coach Joe Stubbs has entirely revamped the Crimson lineup which will face off against the Canadians at 8.30 o'clock tonight in the Garden. Dewey, Ford, and Carr will lead the revised Harvard attack with Holmes and Moseley heading the second and third lines respectively.

In their last encounter with McGill at Montreal, the Harvard skaters were overcome by a five run rally in the last ten minutes of play which landed them on the bottom of a 6-1 score. But it is expected that the trip to Lake Placid and the shifts in formation will be factors of sufficient weight to throw the balance the other way. McGill suffered a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Yale Wednesday evening, so it will be possible to make a fairly accurate comparison between the Crimson and the Blue.

Stubbs has been worried all week about finding a combination that will harmonize with Ford and expected to replace the old Freshman line of Ford, Ecker, and Carr, but trouble developed and Ecker had to be restored to his position at defense. The "H" line is now intact and Hallowell, Holmes, and Hovenanian will skate on the second and perhaps show the scoring ability they did in the Yale series when they came through with a majority of the tallies of the series.

Callaway, Moseley and Duffey are now registered as the third line completing the Harvard offense. The new changes make the Crimson more formidable than it has been in several years because all three of the lines are of a calibre equal to an ordinary first string