THREE NEW TEAMS TO APPEAR ON 1936 FOOTBALL PROGRAM

New Coach to Visit Cambridge for Three Days - Will Meet President Conant and Inspect Athletic Plant

Confirming rumors that have been prevalent since the dropping of Holy Cross from the Harvard football schedule, the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports announced yesterday that Navy has been chosen to replace the Crusaders.

The game with the Navy will be played in the Stadium and marks the first time since 1908 that the Crimson has met the Midshipmen on the gridiron.

The other newcomers, Amherst and Virginia, will appear on the Harvard schedule two years hence. Harvard last played Virginia in 1931 and Amherst in 1912.

To Play One Game Away

Although the Committee has received the permission of the college to play two games away during the years 1936-40, it will not take advantage of the permit in 1936. Only one game, the Yale classic, will be played outside of Cambridge.

The complete 1936 schedule follows:

October 3, Amherst at Cambridge

October 10, Brown at Cambridge

October 17, Army at Cambridge

October 24, Dartmouth at Cambridge

October 31, Princeton at Cambridge

November 7, Virginia at Cambridge

November 14, Navy at Cambridge

November 21, Yale at New Haven

While students, graduates and commentators continued to discuss the selection of Dick Harlow to guide the destinies of Harvard football, word came that Harlow will arrive in Cambridge on Monday morning from Westminster, Md., and will remain here for three days.

On his program for those three days will be the inspection of the Harvard athletic plant, the meeting of the football players with whom he will work next fall, and a meeting with President Conant. He will also meet the members of the present coaching staff and tentatively decide which ones he will retain as assistants next autumn.

It is understood that he has not yet decided what men he will bring to Cambridge with him and that he will not make that decision until he has seen the present staff.