HARLOW DRIVES TEAM IN SCRIMMAGE DRILL

JONES AND CREELEY BATTLE FOR CENTER DERTH

The second day or preparation for Army's eleven went by in uneventful manner yesterday, as Dick Harlow ran two teams through signal drill, and them with considerable revision, put them through a sledge of stationary scrimmage.

In his search fro 11 durable men to take the brunt of the attack of the military machine; Harlow was handicapped by the continued absence in Stillman of Maser and Adzigian. The tackles of the A team during signal drill were Mike Adils, recently raised from the Jayvees, and John Cabitor, but little significance was attached to this revision.

At center, although Tobby Jones has returned to service, Sam Grecley will probably have the call on Saturday, due to his sterling performance on Saturday when he played the full 60 minutes. In the backfield Blackwood and Struck are waging a battle royal for the starting post at fulback.

In the stationary serimmage, Nipper Knapp and Joe Kennedy took the places of Kelly and Dubiet on the A team, and George Roberts and Ecker were in the backfield along with Struck and Ford. Arthur Oakes, recently promoted from the Jayvees, played in the B team backfield, and impressed many observers as the hardest driving man on the field.

The teams were drilled in the Army style of attack for part of the session, by facing an all-star backfield composed of Mike Plam, Wes Fesler, Jimmy Dunu and Clark Reddard. Signal drill, pass defence, and the stationary serimmage took up the rest of the period.

The a team that lined up for the signal work was as follows: Le. Dubiel, l.f. Adlis, Lg. Allen, c.Greeley, r.g. Keppler, r.f.Cabitor, r.e.Kelly, q.b.Ford, l.h.b.Blackwood, r.h.b.Meseley, r.b.Struck, with Meneley calling the signals.