News from the Houses

Joe Hindle Leads Champions to 12-0 Win; Waters Scores for Eliot

Strongly following up their attempt to repeat the title dashes of previous years, the Winthrop gridsters whitewashed Leverett house by a 12-0 score on the house field yesterday.

Speedy Joseph A. Hindle '36 continued in his fine running form, scoring early in the game. Walter L. Crampton finished the scoring in the same half.

The rabbits came back strongly in the second half, and, aided by the insertion of a great many puritan substitutes, managed to hold the champions scoreless for the remaining two periods.

Meanwhile the elephants were busy building up their darkhorse reputation by pounding out a 13-0 win in an unofficial game with the Dudley Hall eleven.

A 50 yard run by Edward D. Fullerton '37 put the ball on the five yard line, and from there big William W. Waters '37 plunged over for the score, and added the point in similar fashion. Bill Waters' driving plunges added another tally in the second half.

On Monday Adams plays Winthrop, while Dudley competes with Lowell.

The summary of the Winthrop-Leverett game: WINTHROP 12  LEVERETT 0 Grunning, l.e.  r.e., Kahn Gililand, l.t.  r.t., Goulder MacArthur, l.g.  r.g., Clews Campion, c.  c., Yahn Meecham, r.g.  l.g., Laverack Cole, r.t.  l.t., Laurence Ellis, r.e.  l.e., Barnes Crampton, q.b.  q.b., Kidder Erhardt, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Heigwood Kelly, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Spang Hindie, f.b.  f.b., Morse