FIGHT ON OATH BILL WILL BE SUPPORTED IN MEETING TODAY

Signatures Sought on All Campuses to Back Belief That Bill Is Aimed at Freedom of Speech

In an effort to rally as much support as possible in the campaign for repeal of the Teacher's Oath Bill, a meeting will be held at 3 o'clock this afternoon at Phillips Brooks House. The meeting will be open to all members of the University, and the sponsors of this move hope to enlist the aid of the student bodies of their various colleges in the fight for repeal of the statute recently passed by the legislature.

Representatives from Simmons, Radcliffe, Tufts, Boston University, and Harvard met at PBH yesterday afternoon to formulate a definite program for this campaign. It was decided that student-faculty committees should be organized on all campuses in Massachusetts to carry on repeal propaganda, and the following petition was drafted which will be circulated in all Bay State colleges:

"We, the undersigned, believe that the Teacher's Oath Bill is contrary to the spirit in which the Constitutions of Massachusetts and of the United States have been conceived. We believe that in spite of the harmless nature of its phraseology, it constitutes an abridgement of the fundamental rights of freedom of speech, conscience, and education. We therefore strongly urge that the Teacher's Oath Bill be repealed."

Another intercollegiate meeting has been called for next Wednesday, also at PHB, at which progress of repeal will be reported and further plans discussed.