The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

SCOTT SETS PACE FOR TRIAL HEATS ON RIVER

DARCEY, DELANEY, LEE, AND HALL IN 155-POUND FINALS

George C. Scott, Jr. grE.S. outclassed the rowers on the Charles yesterday as he turned in the best time of the day in the trials of the three year class singles races to beat Arthur V. Meigs uL by one length. Thomas J. Darcey, Jr. '36 and F. D. Anderson 1L were the other winners, Darcey leading the second heat in the 155-pound class, and Anderson winning the first in the first heat of the three year class.

Anderson speeded out in the first heat of the three year class and was never headed as he beat David L. Marks 3L by a couple of lengths. His time was 5:41 1/5.

Scott, who turned in a time of 5:38 4/5 for the three-quarter mile course, got off to a good start, but at the first bridge was caught by Meigs. Scott answered the challenge and had a one-quarter length lead by the second bridge, but Meigs continued to fight it out with him and was again even at the one-half mile mark.

The 155-pound race was a nip and tuck affair with Darcey coming from behind before the halfway mark to outdistance George E. Hall, II, 1L and win the affair.