The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

FIFTEEN FRESHMEN OF PREP SCHOOLS WIN SCHOLARSHIPS

Nine Massachusetts Residents, Six Out-of-State Men Are Honored by College Awards

Fifteen Freshmen from leading preparatory schools have been awarded prize Scholarships for the current year.

These awards set up six years ago are given to the outstanding graduate in each preparatory school "in recognition of scholarship attainment and intellectual promise". Candidates are nominated by the headmasters of the schools, the actual awards being given by the college.

Fifteen Winners

The winners of these scholarships and the schools in which they prepared follow:

Henry F. Allen, of Boston, St. Mark's School (held over from last year); Edmund W. Banas, of Holyoke, Brown and Nichols School; John W. Brooks, of Milton, Groton School; Henry H. Chatfield, of Maderia, Ohio, St. Mark's School; Spurgeon H. Cunningham, Jr., of Cohasset, Thayer Academy; James G. Gilkey, Jr., of Springfield, Loomis School; Charles W. Lawrence, of Towanda, Pa., Choate School; Robert F. Loomis, of West Newton, Belmont Hill School; Charles A. Meyer, of Hamilton, Phillips Academy, Andover; Charles T. Richardson, of New York City, St. Paul's School.

Robbine of Milton

Royal E. Robbins, of Boston, Milton Academy; Richard F. P. Smith, of Cambridge, Country Day School; David S. Stevens, of Lisbon, N. H., Phillips Exeter Academy; James L. Tyson, of New York City, Kent School; and Lucien Wulsin, Jr., of Cincinnati, Ohio, St. George's School.

The amount of the award varies in each case with the financial need of the particular student. If there is no pressing need the student receives only a nominal sum as a prize. If he requires assistance, the stipend is increased accordingly.

Of these prize winners, nine are residents of Massachusets, six being out-of-state men.