IMPROVED HARRIER TEN FACES INDIAN AND WILDCAT TEAM

Dartmouth Is Expected to Give Little Opposition, but New Hampshire a Serious Threat

With two weeks of uninterrupted practice behind them, the cross country team should enter the Dartmouth-New Hampshire triangular this afternoon a vastly more formidable contingent than that which just eked out a victory from Holy Cross on October 12.

Marked improvement has been shown by the entire squad in recent practices and time trials. Under the able coaching of Jaakko Mikkola and the leadership of Captain Bob Playfair, team work, always a subtle refinement in cross country, is gradually developing. Good judgment on the part of a pack leader can often clip minutes off the team's aggregate time.

From all early season indications, the Crimson harriers should have little trouble in scalping the Indian runners. But the lads from New Hampshire present an entirely different picture. In the Harvard Intercollegiates last fall, in which the home team did not compete, the New Hampshire delegation won handily. Many veterans of this victory are returning to the banks of the Charles this afternoon.

A new five and two-tenths miles course will be run this afternoon, starting up-stream near the Cambridge side of the Larz Anderson Bridge. Past Stillman Infirmary, the same path will be taken as in the New Hampshire event, but as the cemetery is entered, a loop has been added to the course. Then across the Watertown Bridge and down the Stadium side of the river to finish in front of Newell Boat House.

Starting for Harvard will be: Robert S. Playfair '36, Hayden Channing, Jr. '37, Henry O. Marcy, III '37, William B. Wright, Jr. '38, John M. Lovejoy '37, Alexander C. Northrop '38, Norman Leen '38, Eugene H. Walker '37 John R. O'Neill '36, and Cyrus C. DeCoster '37.

The Freshmen will follow the same 2 1/2 mile course as in the Holy Cross Meet, also finishing in front of Newell.

Fresman starters will be: George P. Gardner III, Roswell Brayton, Richard C. Babb, Francis R. King, Alfred J. Hanlon, Jr., Roger W. Loewi, John Burbank, George M. Olive, Jr., Dinwiddie Smith and Frederick C. Hinman.