Harvard Peace Society Will Hold First Meeting Monday

Program Will Emphasize Study Rather Than Action

Embracing a program of pacifism which emphasizes detached study rather than direct action, the Harvard Peace Society will commence the second year of its existence with a preliminary meeting to be held on Monday evening for the benefit of new members. All interested are invited to be present at 8:15 o'clock in the Junior Common Room of Leverett House.

In stressing the all-inclusiveness of the organization as a future center of Harvard peace activity, Robert S. Brainerd '38, president of the Society, will welcome to membership all those interested in studying the question of world peace.

As a partial result of the present world crisis, the Peace Society plans to organize this year three study groups which will approach the question of peace from a practical point of view. These three groups will study respectively (1) democratic methods for supporting national peace policies; (2) American neutrality, past and present; and (3) the League of Nations and International diplomatic machinery.

Election of a vice-president will take place at the meeting Monday evening. In addition, Robert P. Bentley '38, will report on the study groups for this year.