The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Peace Society Will Hold First Meeting Monday

Program Will Emphasize Study Rather Than Action

Embracing a program of pacifism which emphasizes detached study rather than direct action, the Harvard Peace Society will commence the second year of its existence with a preliminary meeting to be held on Monday evening for the benefit of new members. All interested are invited to be present at 8:15 o'clock in the Junior Common Room of Leverett House.

In stressing the all-inclusiveness of the organization as a future center of Harvard peace activity, Robert S. Brainerd '38, president of the Society, will welcome to membership all those interested in studying the question of world peace.

As a partial result of the present world crisis, the Peace Society plans to organize this year three study groups which will approach the question of peace from a practical point of view. These three groups will study respectively (1) democratic methods for supporting national peace policies; (2) American neutrality, past and present; and (3) the League of Nations and International diplomatic machinery.

Election of a vice-president will take place at the meeting Monday evening. In addition, Robert P. Bentley '38, will report on the study groups for this year.