BURR PRIZE GOES TO ROBERT C. HALL WITH LIFE OF BURR

Elected to Phi Beta Kappa in Junior Year, Hall Is Also a Member of Student Council and on Track Squad

Robert C. Hall '36, of Brookline, was awarded the Francis H. Burr Scholarship, one of the highest undergraduate honors, the Committee on Scholarships announced yesterday.

Hall prepared at Brookline High and was one of the eight members of his class elected to Phi Beta Kappa last year. His career as an undergraduate includes such varied activity as membership on the student council, editor of the CRIMSON, and an outstanding high jumper on the track squad. Hall's field of concentration is Government.

Qualities for Scholarship

The Burr Scholarship, awarded each year to the Senior who "combines as nearly as possible Burr's remarkable qualities of character, leadership, scholarship, and athletic ability," was established in 1914 in memory of Francis H. Burr '09.

Hall was chosen by Dean Hanford and the Chairman of the Athletic Committee, and he will receive the gift this year together with a copy of the biography of the "Life of Burr."

Last year's recipient of the Scholarship was Chester K. Litman '35, also of Brookline.

Other recent recipients of the scholarship have been Richard G. Ames '34, of Wayland, president of the Student Council and captain of the wrestling team; William Barry Wood, Jr., '32, of Milton, captain of the football team; and Vernon Munroe, Jr., '31, of New York City, captain of the track team.