The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

The Moviegoer

"Farmer Takes a Wife" Pleasantly Quiet "Anna Karehina" Not Tolstoy Garbo Convincing

Weird and gloomy epics-in-celluloid haunt the University Theatre this week-end. Temperamental ballerinas and neurotic Victorians are a strange combination, but it turns out to be one of the best bills that has come to the University in many-a-day.

Mogul Goldwyn has outdone himself to make Wuthering Heights not only a faithful representation of the book, making only excusable cuts, but a superb picture. To maintain such a consistent mood of grim decadence is no easy job for a motion picture, yet director, producer, and cast have held that mood and made Wuthering Heights into a tremendously convincing tragedy. But of all those who had a hand in the picture Laurence Oliver deserves the largest share of credit. Here is a Robert Taylor with some guts, a Clark Gable who knows how to act!

"Ballerina" would be worth seeing if there were no one else but a twelve year old brat named Jamie Chariat, one of the few digestable, juveniles on the screen today. There is a great deal more to "Ballerina," however, which makes it doubly worth seeing- some excellent directing which sugar-coats a documentary film on the French Ballet, plenty of good music, some of the best dancing of L'Opera Francais,- all for a couple of bits.