FRENCH CLUB PREPARES PLAY FOR DECEMBER 6

Moliere's "Monsieur de Pourceaugnac" Will Be Produced in Lowell House Dining Room

Moliere's farce, "Monsieur de Pourceaugnac", will be the annual winter production of the Cercle Francais, it was announced yesterday. It will be performed on Friday evening, December 6 in the Lowell House Dining Room.

The rehearsals started two weeks ago under the direction of Munro Stearns ocC. The chief parts, those of Monsieur de Pourceaugnac and Julie, are taken by Peter L. Scott '33 and Georgianna Pouzzner respectively.

Others in the cast are Howard Cook '37, president of the Cercle, Sumner Willard '37, L. M. Ogle '37, Thibault de St. Phalle '39, Richard Wheeler '39, M. S. Variell '37, Richard Turner 1G, Evreue Smyth, and Yvonne Labastie.

The play concerns the trials and tribunations of de Porceaugnsc who wants to marry a girl named Julie. When a rival frames de Pourceauguac as a bigamist, the lovers are only reunited after a flight from Paris.

The feminine roles in the production are filled by members of the Salon Radcliffien.