Fear for Life of Sage of Age, Down and Out With Overdose of Strong Waters

Telegrams of Congratulations Pour in On Flustered Seer-Trance Deepens and Deepens

At a late hour last night, just after he had entered his weekly trance, Dr. Hu Flung Huey ocC., the Sage of the Age, was confronted with a mass of telegrams from all parts of the world, congratulating him on his most successful season and wishing him luck against Yale. Struck down with astonishment, Dr. Huey's trance went out of control and he swooned. At latest reports his frantic colleagues were dosing him with a variety of medicines chiefly notable for their high alcoholic content. Prospects for an early recovery seemed very dark.

Extraordinary Career

Hu Flung Huey, football forecaster extraordinary, has had a remarkable career, both in his country and in China. Known far and wide throughout the Orient for his ability as a seer, and as a natural wit, as well as being titular head of the Hu dynasty, he was brought to Harvard by error during the administration of President Lowell. In 1925 Mr. Lowell was frantic for a good halfback, and as all domestic material had been bought up by Yale, Princeton and Notre Dame, he extended his search to the Orient. His demands for a good punter were misinterpreted to mean pannier, and the renowned Sage was selected to bring the lore of the East to Harvard.

Error Discovered

Greeted on his arrival by the entire Faculty and a committee of debutantes, Dr. Huey's distrait air caused a sensation, and in the scramble many people were injured. The error was soon discovered, and balked of his future on the gridiron, the venerable Doctor matriculated in the College and after engaging rooms at 14 Plympton Street, entered upon the intricacies of acquiring a Western education.

Three of the telegrams received last night are printed below, as fitting tributes to a season of accomplishment.

CONGRATULATIONS ON A FINE SEASON STOP DONT STOPBUT STOP YALE STOP HARVARD SHOULD GARNER THE VICTORY TOMORROW MORGENTHAU THEY SAY THE HULL DERN ELI TEAM IS TOUGH STOP REGARDS.

F. D. R.

HAVE ADIGRAT TIME READING YOUR SUPERIOR PREDICTIONS STOP DONT LET ELIS MUSSOLIN ON YOU SATURDAY STOP ABVSSINIA STOP.

HAILE.

GET UP APPENINE EVERY SATURDAY MORNING TO READ YOUR DISPATCH STOP SAY VATICAN DO TO HELP KNOCK YALE SICILY STOP REGARDS.

BENITO.