THE SPORTS SEASON CHANGES

Goalie's Save Almost Halts Eli Rush; Dorman, Wood, Blake, and Badger Outstanding

Outplayed, though not outfought, a good Harvard soccer team bowed 2-1 here yesterday before the final period onslaughts of a great Yale team.

Through the first three-quarters of the game the Crimson had played the Blue to a standstill in a fast and free-kicking affair. But in the final the Elis exerted their vaunted passing superiority to the utmost and inevitably scored the winning goal over a badly-tired Crimson eleven.

Perry's Great Save

Tom Perry, playing faultlessly all afternoon, contributed the best individual bit of the day in the final period. Held crosseyed by three Blue forwards who had sifted through the defense with the ball, Tom made a headlong dive to deflect a hard ground shot outside the post.

On the dense Captain John Dorman played his usual keystone role, while Jim Wood teaming well with Ed motley and Frank Vincent was the ranking offensive player.

Dex Blake, Captain Pete Pond, and Dan Badger were outstanding for the Elis. Badger, hurt shortly after he had scored in the first period, returned to team up with Bill Carter for the winning tally.

The summary: YALE 2  HARVARD 1 Blake, g.  g., Perry Ward, r.f.  r.f., Robie Orth, Billingsley, l.f.  l.f., Powell Davidson, Keefe, r.h.   r.h., Burbank, Roosevelt Wilson, c.h.  c.h., Dorman Raymond, l.h.  l.h., Vincent Coerr, Belin, r.o.  r.o., Manheimer P. Pond, Carter, r.i.  r.i., T. Motley Badger, Keeney, c.  c., Hastings, Kelley Lassell, l.i.  l.i., E. Motley J. Pond, l.o.  l.o., Wood

(Dawson, Wallace, Morgan, Sleeper, Knox, Thackara, Kellogg, and R. Scott went in to earn their letters for Harvard) .

Goals: Badger, Wood, Carter. Time: 4-22's. Referee: Garrigan, Linesmen: Belin, Huey.