ALL BOXING REGULARS AMONG 125 REPORTING

PRACTICE YESTERDAY WAS LIGHT WORKOUT ONLY

Boxing continued its recent upward surge in popularity at Harvard, with over 125 men reporting to Coach Henry Lamar at the boxing room in the Indoor Athletic Building yesterday afternoon.

Among the 50 who turned out for the Varsity squad were all the regulars from last year's hard-hitting team, including James L. Kunen '36, 125-pounder, Peter B. Olney '37, 155-pounder, Captain William A. Smith '36, 175-pounder, Timothy J. Shea '36, 175-pounder, and Peter Ward '36, of the 135-pound class.

According to Coach Lamar, the 75 Freshmen look pretty good, as well, but too little basis exists as yet for prognostications. No schedule has yet been arranged, due to a lack of available opponents.

Plenty of Heavyweights

For the first time, there will be no lack of heavyweights, with the reporting of men from the Varsity football team such as Jim Gaffney, Joe Husband, Jim Maser, and Joe Nee.

Last year's Freshman mitmen have contributed a powerhouse of material in the persons of Arthur Rotche '38, who was undefeated in his first-year of collegiate competition, and John Duane '38 finalist in the Golden Gloves boxing matches at Chicago, sponsored by the Cleveland Plain-Dealer. Richard F. Baum '37, undefeated during his Freshman year, is back again to stir things up in the 155-pound class with A. H. Corbett '37, whose injured hands last season forced him out of the running, but who now has a clean bill of health from the doctor.

Practice yesterday consisted of a light workout for all hands, with the prospect of no actual contact work for several days to come. Much work has still to be done, however, before the first clash of the season, that with M.I.T. on December 15.

Harvard-Yale vs. Oxford-Cambridge

Hope has again been revived that a Harvard-Yale boxing team may meet an Oxford-Cambridge pugilistic aggregation on the same terms of the annual track meet between these two pairs of colleges. For the first time in boxing history, moreover, a Harvard and Princeton boxing match will be staged this winter.

In addition, this will mark the first year that the Army mitmen journey to the banks of the Charles for their annual encounter with the Crimson. Further more, the Coast Guard Academy match, always a colorful event, will be made all the more so when the full corps of cadets invades Cambridge to attend the bouts. A fight with the University of Pennsylvania has been scheduled for February 8, at Philadelphia.

The Intercollegiate matches, as usual, will climax the whole boxing season, with the Easterns being run off at Penn State, and the Nationals at the University of Virginia