HOCKEY LINEUPS WILL TAKE FORM NEXT WEEK

SQUAD IS GIVEN CONDITIONING WORKOUT

With Ben Hallowell out for a few days because of an injured hand, and with the members of the squad who are breaking fall training restricted to a few turns about the rink, Joe Stubbs put the remaining players through what may be regarded as a mere stiff conditioning scrimmage, as far as any indications of future team lineup are concerned.

Although Leo Ecker and Captain Freddy Moseley were skating about in fine free style in their "cit" clothes yesterday, they and other members of the football and soccer teams will not be in uniform until sometime next week.

Pivot Men Not Yet Out

Since Captain Moseley and George Ford were key centers on the two best forward walls last year, no permanent combinations can be formed till they arrive in the lineups. But for three hours yesterday Joe Stubbs and Clark Hodder kept four teams alternating on the Ice in short snappy scrimmages.

Not even a line of sophomores was left intact from last year. Both Ned Cutter and Johnny Mechem were working with Coach Hodder as center, while Hanse Carstoin and Charlie Moore teamed with Bob Holcombe.

"We haven't yet started any real work on plays--it's impossible without the forward lines to work with," said coach Stubbs