"Next War Will Be My Fault," Says Peaceful Cousin of Munition Makers

To Year Old Woman Particularly Stirred by Foolishness of the Older Generation

"The next war will be partly my fault," said Miss Zara duPont, "because I didn't kick hard enough." An active lady of nearly seventy, the first cousin of the Wilmington munition manufacturers is a vigorous worker for peace.

She is particularly stirred by the foolishness and selfishness of the present generation. "By our had management, we (the older generation) are bringing the world to another war and then are such cowards we refuse to go out and fight it," she says.

Having seen a good deal of the world, she is convinced that it must change. The new social order, she says, will invoice government control of utilities, strict banking laws, and very much improved relations between labor and capital. The League of Nations should be developed into a United States of the World, the nations bearing the same political and economic relations to each other as do our sovereign states.

After being active in the Women's Suffrage Campaign, Miss duPont has devoted much of her time to the cause of peace. A member of The Women's International League for Peace and Freedom, she is helping in the campaign to obtain signatures to The People's Mandate. This is a petition demanding of governments immediate cessation of war and all preparations for war, and use of the existing machinery for peace. Being circulated now in 44 countries, the goal is 20 million signatures in the United States and 15 thousand in Cambridge.

Miss duPont has permission from the Mayor of Cambridge to set up a stand anywhere in the city and solicit signatures for a month. She plans to start in Harvard Square, either in front of the Harvard Trust Company or on the corner of Dunster Street and Massachusetts Avenue, Monday morning.