FALL DEBATING SERIES ANNOUNCED BY COUNCIL

DECISION DEBATE IS SCHEDULED WITH M.I.T. ON THURSDAY

Controversial questions concerning the Roosevelt administration and the advisability of amending the federal constitution will come under the scrutiny of the Debating Council in a series of forensic engagements scheduled for this fall. Included in the series will be a discussion meeting on the Roosevelt question, scheduled for December 4 and open to all members of the University.

Will Clash With M. I. T.

First on the program will be a decision debate with M.I.T. next Thursday, at which Edward J. Duggan '37, Robert Dunn '37, and James J. Fuld '37 will uphold the negative for the Crimson.

The subject of the debate will be "Resolved, That the following amendment to the United States Constitution should be adopted: Section 1. The Congress shall have the power to provide for the regulation of all commerce and industry within the national boundaries. Section 2. This power of the Congress shall be limited by Amendments I, IV, V, and IX of the Constitution of the United States.

Alternates for the M.I.T. debate will be Richard W. Sullivan '38, Kenneth E. Colton '36, and Jay W. Kaufmann '38.

Yale Team on Schedule

In its first encounter with a Yale team this year, to be held on Wednesday, November 20, at Waterbury, Connecticut, the Crimson orators will uphold the affirmative of the question, "Resolved, That the Roosevelt administration is worthy of the confidence of the American people."

The Harvard team will consist of Melvin Levy '37, Lorne Rickert '36, and Irving R. Murray '36. George R. Farnham '36, John S. Weber '36, and Richard B. Applebaum '37 will act as alternates.

Last on the series of announced engagements is a return debate with the Yale orators, at which Harvard will uphold the negative of the same question. The debate is scheduled for December 9, at Meriden, Connecticut.

Representing the Crimson will be A. Gilman Sullivan '36, vice-president of the Council, Harold W. Danser, Jr. '37, and Ellwood M. Rabenold, Jr. '37. The list of alternates includes Roy M. Cohen '36, Cyril C. Means, Jr. '38, and Norman Lanz '36.