The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

VARSITY AND 1939 HOOPSTERS WIN IN OPENING CLASHES

Dampeer, Mason and Lavietes Star for Varsity, While Ruml and Rabenold Perform Well for 1939

Both Varsity and Freshman basketball quintets triumphed over hard-fighting Boston University outfits last night, the Varsity by a score of 39-31 and the Freshmen 45-22.

Starting the game with a whirlwind attack, the Feslermen amassed ten points in the first five minutes before the bewildered terriers could recover themselves. Fesler then sent in his fast, all-sophomore, second string to bear the brunt of the attack for the rest of the period. This group, composed of Lowman, McGowan, Herrick, Snell, and Wills, had speed and aggressiveness, but their handling of the ball was not sure and they showed their lack of experience.

Outcome Never in Doubt

Slowing down a bit after their flurry of baskets, the Feslermen allowed the B.U. basketeers to threaten their lead on several occasions, but the outcome was never seriously in doubt.

While Capt. Leavy White was not as accurate as usual on his shots, he played a strong game and managed to ring the hoop three times before he was replaced by Louis McGowan late in the second period. Dampeer, Mason and Lavietes all handed in good performances, while Bill Gray was outstanding at center.

In the Freshman game which preceded the Varsity encounter, Tread Ruml, converted back from forward to center in Vin Horrigan's absence, played a good game as did Dick Rabenold, substituting in Ruml's forward position.