The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Paul Dietz Presents Selected German Readings Tonight Under Auspices of Schurz Foundation

Readings From Schiller, Goethe, Wilderbruch and Others Feature Program

Under the auspices of the Turmwaechter Verein, the Harvard University German Club, Paul Dietz, noted dramatic interpreter, will present special selections from German authors, at 8.15 o'clock this evening in the Germanic Museum.

Particular emphasis will be paid to those works frequently read in class, but not often heard. Mr. Dietz plans to interpret various classicists, including Schiller, go the, Wildenbruch, and German translations from Shakespeare. He may also do "Sein doer nicht Sein, Das ist die Frage," which has had great success on the English and American stage, under Mr. Dietz' handling.

A glance at Paul Dietz' life will show his wide experience. Born in Weimar, his theatrical inclinations early lead him to the State Theatres of Lubeck and Bremen, and eventually to the Court Theatre in Gotha, where his record includes distinguished auditions in "Faust," "Othello," and "Wilhelm Tell."

Probably Dietz' greatest success was in the "Freiburg Passion Play," where he took the part of Pontius Pilate, during its four consecutive season tours in this country. an unusually good acquaintanceship with America is enjoyed by Mr. Dietz. He has played in all forty-eight states, besides appearing in the films and giving performances over the radio.

Though Mr. Dietz gives his recitals entirely from memory, he does upon occasion accommodate impromptu requests, even those of a lighter vein. He is, for instance, entirely in touch with current German works of outstanding value.

The Carl Schurz Memorial Foundation fosters these interpretations given by Mr. Dietz.