POWELL DISCUSSES N.R.A. IN CURRENT LAW REVIEW

Thayer and Hendricks Have Articles in Addition to Student Notes and Reviews of Recent Books

Thomas Reed Powell, Langdell professor of Law at Harvard continues his article on "Commerce, Pensions, and Codes" in the current issue of the Harvard Law Review. This is a detailed discussion of the N.R.A. case, Schecter V. U. S. Its forerunner produced a great deal of favorable comment and it is believed that this sequal is even more interesting.

"Marine Insurance Certificates" is an article by Philip W. Thayer, research assistant, Institute of Criminal Law. In this discussion there is a straightforward account of the topic bringing up several new sides of the question.

There is a discussion of the Revenue Act of 1934 by Homer R. Hendricks, a Washington lawyer. The article "Federal Income Tax: Capital Gains and Losses shows how the Revenue Act is applied to capital gains and losses and suggests changes in the act.

Notes by Students

There are several notes by students in the Law School. Among the most important of these is the article on Baltimore Telephone Rates being a discussion of the case: West v. Chesapeake and Potomac Telephone Co. It is an exposition of the index method of rate valuation. Another vote "Reorganization A Riddle in the Revenue Acts" is work entitled "The Panorama of Contemporary Music" which it was stated that he was the author of "Jazz Studies".

"So", said Hill, "there was nothing for me to do but write some more." He has four completed studies at the present time.

He does not, however, consider himself a full-fledged writer of jazz tunes. "I only wish I were," he said rather ruefully. Instead, he terms his recent efforts as "flirtations with jazz."

Queried as to his future plans in the field of jazz, he stated that perhaps he would arrange his latest study for orchestration