COPEY GIVES READING SATURDAY OVER RADIO

SELECTIONS FROM KIPLING AND STEPHEN LEACOCK

Copey, most famous of Harvard traditions, and now become a living legend, speaks to the nation on Saturday night at 10.45 o'clock, when he gives a reading over the Columbia station WAAB, on a nation-wide hook-up. His readings will be Kipling's Mandalay" and Leacock's "My Financial Adventures."

Copey's readings, famous among Harvard men for half a century, have with the advent of the radio been extended to listeners throughout the country, and his Christmas readings have become an institution in the history of radio.

Most recent of Copey's literary works is "The Copeland Translations," a collection of stories from French, German, Italian, and Russian authors, which was published shortly before Christmas.

Little known among Harvard men of today are Copey's Here Books," consisting of privately bound volumes of letters written to Copey by Harvard men in the trenches during the World War. On the rare occasions when Copey can be prevailed upon to read some of the letters, listeners are given an unparalleled opportunity of learning the meaning of war, in the words of men who were living the events they describe, and who were trained in faultless prose by one who ranks with the greatest teachers of all time. It is earnestly hoped by Copey's intimates that he will see fit to publish they letters in the near future.

An earlier collection of Copey's work was his "Copeland Reader" containing selections from America and English authors.