H P C REHEARSALS START TODAY FOR SHOW ON MARCH 27

Moore Writes Part of Music Including Waltz--John G. Rogers '36 President Of Theatricals

With the completion of the book and the music for the eighty-ninth annual edition of the Hasty Pudding Club show, scheduled for production at the Clubhouse Wednesday evening, March 27, rehearsal for the leading roles will get underway at 2 o'clock this afternoon.

The next six weeks before the curtain rises on a finished production will be taken up with whipping the show into shape and drilling the cast and chorus in their roles. So far no name has been chosen for the successor of "Hades! The Ladies!" But Theodore Viehman of Pittsburgh has been put in charge of the rehearsals and William Holbrook of New York will coach the chorus, which turns out a week from today for its first practice in intricate dance steps and formations.

The book is chiefly the work of Arthur M. Jones, Jr. '35, who has been a leading figure in the last two Pudding productions. Last year he played the comic, female lead, and two years ago he was the swashbuckling pirate chief in "Step Lively."

Francis D. Moore '35, former president of the Lampoon, has composed much of the music. Moore's chief difficulty has been the composition of a waltz, but his final product is reported to be one of the better numbers yet written. Last year he, James Parton '34, cross-country captain, and Edward E. Stowell '34, the musically-inclined swimming star, worked on the score.

John G. Rogers '36 has succeeded Moore this year as president of HPC theatricals. Since it has been his job to pass on the quality of the book and the score, he has not attempted any writing of his own. George S. Squibb, Jr. '36, who obtained his dramatic experience at Milton Academy where he prepared, is manager.

Among the leading stars of the last two years who are still eligible for parts are: Lawrence Von B. Nichols '35, Francis E. Johnson '35, Walter Birge '35, Franklin P. Whitbeck '35, Peter W. Jopling '35, and Daniel T. V. Huntoon.

Following three performances in the Clubhouse, the show will be performed Saturday evening, March 30, at the Repertory Theater in Boston. As usual, there will be a cabaret afterwards. The next week, the Easter vacations, will see the production in cities up and down the coast. Last year "Hades! The Ladies!" was performed in Washington and the cast was entertained at the White House