N S L PETITION DEMANDS HARVARD DISMISS GINI

Herndon Speaks to National Student League, Declaring Negresses Never Raped White Masters

Scoring President Conant's appointment of Corrado Gini as inconsistent with the principles Conant defended in the Hanfstaengl case, the National Student League voted yesterday to circulate a petition addressed to the Corporation and asking immediate cancellation of Gini's appointment.

During the meeting, Angelo Herndon, who is now touring the country on bail in an attempt to raise the $10,000 necessary to carry on the appeal of his case to the Supreme Court, addressed the twenty-five students present.

Herndon attributed the oppressions of his race which have been manifeat in his own case and that of the Scottsboro boys to "the means by which the Capitalists are attempting to force Fascism upon us."

Referring to the charges of rape which have been brought against the boys of the Scottsboro case, Herndon said, "If you really want to know who has been committing rape, look to the light color of my skin and that of my fellow American Negroes. Negros have not gone out and raped their innocent white slave masters."