HANDICAP TRACK MEET COMPLETES FIRST DAY

Playfair Beats Scheu and Woodard in Mile and Half by Last Lap Sprint to Win Race

In the first half of the University Handicap Track Meet held yesterday afternoon, 65 men from all departments of the University competed in six events, using both the Stadium track and the track in the Briggs baseball cage. John P. Sheu '35, and Alfred B. Hallowell '34, tied for first place in the mile and a half run, both being clocked at seven minutes, four seconds. Bay Estes 2G.B., took second place in this event, Charles F. Woodard '35, third, and Arthur Pier '35, fourth.

In the 300-yard dash Edwin J. Selbert '35 broke the tape at 34 4-5 seconds. Second place was tied for by John Dorman '36 and Carlisle Abell '35. Milton C. Green '36, who transferred to Harvard this year from Cornell, came in first in the hurdles although he started from scratch. Henry R. Withington '35 was second in this event and Richard C. Hayes '36 took third place.

John J. Healey '34 put the 16-pound shot 45 feet, four inches to take first place in this event. With a large handicap of 10 feet, six inches, Edward L. Young, III '37 took second place, and John H. Dean '34, starting from scratch, was third. The second weight event was won by M. M. Reznick 1G.B., who threw the 35-pound shot 51 feet, 10 1-4 inches from scratch. Norman L. Cahners '36, and Paul L. Van Cleve '37 took second and third place respectively, both having handicaps.

The meet will continue this afternoon and will be open to all students.