Secret Service Agents Prepare Way for President Roosevelt's Visit to Fly Club

Apted, Unabashed, Lends His Calm Presence to Otherwise Most Feverish Preparations

One hundred and sixty of Boston's and the nation's finest will be on hand Saturday night to insure the safety of President Roosevelt on his two-hour visit to the Fly Club's annual winter dinner.

Calm and cool amidst the feverish preparations for the coming of the country's Chief Executive, Colonel Charles R. Apted '06, of the Yard Police, lends a reassuring and accustomed note to the great influx of assorted government agents, uniformed, plain clothed, and garbed in a variety of terrifying disguises.

Mount Auburn Street, and all intersecting streets will be shut off from traffic for blocks around, and officers will patrol the immediate neighborhood. In the vacant house opposite the Club a watch will be stationed, and detectives will be posted in windows overlooking the scene.

At the Club door assorted Cerberi will survey all comers and inside the house the preparations are no less thorough. The President will be surrounded by his bodyguard, and Federal agents in the guise of stewards will circulate throughout the rooms. All the food and accompanying liquids will be subject to the official tasters, who are expected to taste everything in moderation only.

Even the more unlikely contingencies have been thought of and prevented. The Cambridge Building Inspector, in his eagerness to deserve well of his country, has zealously surveyed the foundations to allay all fears that a hidden weakness should precipitate the President and his encourage into the cellar.