"SARAH SIMPLE" TO BE DRAMATIC CLUB OFFERING

CONSIDERED BY THEATER GUILD EARLIER IN YEAR

Comedy has again been chosen as the theme for the first of the Dramatic Club's Spring productions, as the play "Sarah Simple," the latest farce from the pen of A. A. Milne, goes into the first stages of production. Edward P. Goodnow has again been engaged as director.

In accordance with the club's tradition this will be the first production of the play in this country. Earlier in the year it was considered by the Theater Guild with either Ina Claire or Tallulah Bankhead in the title-role.

In third work Mr. Milne has abandoned fantasy and whimsy, returning to the straight comedy style of his earlier successes. As in "Mr. Pim Passes By" he is humorously preoccupied with solicitors and impending divorces, resulting in entertaining, lively comedy.

Mr. Goodnow has directed several past productions of the club; among them "B.J. One," "Circumstantial Evidence," and another Milne play, "Success." He is well known locally for his work at the Copley Theatre and The Stagers. He attained nationwide distinction by his direction of the Barnstormers, a New Hampshire summer theatre group. His most recent work in Cambridge was the Radcliffe production of "Wuthering Heights" last spring.

Tryouts have been proceeding under his supervision for several days, and the work of casting is nearly completed.