McGILL SWIMMERS BOW TO CRIMSON TANK ACES

ONLY ONE EVENT DROPPED AS MEET ENDS 56-15

By hard and continuous fighting, the Harvard mermen swamped McGill by a score of 56 to 15 last night in the Harvard pool. Although the times were poor, Coach Ulen stated last night that the team has shown marked improvement in the last two weeks.

Henry Fitts '36 and "Bunny" Merriam '36 were the evening's brilliant performers by rolling up the high scores of 102.46 and 97.24 respectively. During the intermission they performed some difficult double acrobatic diving off the high board. Together they did a dive called the "Paul Revere," which looked like a mixture of a tandem riding and a juggling act.

220-Yard Swim Closest

The closest race was in the 220-yard free style swim in which Wallace E. Howell '36 splashed up from behind to win by a hand from John J. Colony '37. In the 50-yard free style race Harvard suffered its only defeat when A. R. Bourne of McGill nosed out Bob Haskett '37 in the last ten yards. By doubling its lead in every lap, Harvard easily won the 400-yard relay by over half a length.

Bourne High Scorer

The high scorer of the meet was A. R. Bourne of McGill who swam in four events and placed in two of them. In the 200-yard breast stroke swim M. Victor Leventritt '35, holder of the Harvard record for that event, easily won in the comparatively slow time of 2 min., 38 3-5 sec.