NEW WEEKLY PAPER TO BE PUBLISHED BY MEMBERS OF N. S. L.

Leading Article of First Issue Will Outline Plans for Anti-War Strike To Be Held April 12

Protesting against what they term the inadequacy of existing undergraduate publications to take the lead in matters of vital college interest, the National Student League will flood the news-stands Thursday morning with the first issue of a new weekly newspaper to be called "The Student News."

The new publication, which is believed to be thoroughly prepared to take up the fight against war and Fascism, racial prejudice, freedom of the non-communist press, etc., etc., will be printed by the "photographic process" and contain four pages of about the size of ordinary typewriter paper. The editorial committee consists of D. Boone Schirmer '37, Eugene Brown '36, and Miss Maude Pringle of Radcliffe.

Lead Article

In the leading article of Thursday morning's edition, plans for a college-wide anti-war "strike" to be held here this year on April 12, will be outlined. Initial preparations for the demonstration were made last Saturday at a meeting of the Continuations Committee of the Boston Regional Peace Conference, which met here last Armistice Day.

That the appearance of this article in the first issue of the NSL publication may not be misleading, A. Jerome Himelhoch '38, chairman of the Committee, issued the following statement: "The Committee wishes to make it absolutely clear that the peace strike of April 12 will not be a communist demonstration. All students who are interested in its one purpose, the maintenance of world peace are asked to participate quite regardless of their views on any other question."

With regard to the same matter, Victor H. Kramer '35, president of the Liberal Club, issued the following statement: "The Liberal Club has not determined whether it will participate in any anti-war demonstration. This question will be decided by those present at a meeting of the entire Club to be held early next week."