FOOTBALL TEAM TO GREET HARLOW IN WORKOUT MONDAY

End Mentor Under Casey Has to Prove Ability to Harlow--Can Give "Dope" On Returning Veterans

Harvard's football new deal will be officially turned over to its first non graduate coach this Sunday when Dick Harlow arrives in town to take charge of spring practice, which he plans to begin the following day at 4.30 o'clock.

Two of Harlow's chief aides, Rae Crowther and Mike Palm, will also be on hand as soon as things start rolling and End Coach Wes Fesler will have taken his basketball proteges through their last game by Monday and hence will be ready to begin gridiron work as soon as Harlow desires.

For Harlow, Crowther, and Palm this first stretch of spring practice, which will be interrupted by vacation on March 29, will be mostly an attempt to get acquainted with their new tutees and see what material is available.

Real Work Later

The squad's lack of condition and the hindrance of having to practice in Briggs Cage will probably prevent the new brain staff from working the boys very hard until the time comes to move outside, probably the first day or so after vacation.

Fesler, however, will be both an instructor and a candidate. The opinion Harlow forms of him in these spring days will decide whether or not Harvard is to have a new end coach next fall.

He'll have one thing in his favor, aside from his recognized experience, since as the only old timer still left at Soldiers Field he ought to be indispensable to Harlow as the source of the "low down on the veterans who have been playing on the squad the past two years.