MRS. ROOSEVELT CANNOT ATTEND MEETING HERE

SENATOR COPELAND ALSO UNABLE TO BE PRESENT

With the detention of Mrs. Franklin D. Roosevelt in Washington, Dorothy Canfield Fisher has consented to pay a hurried visit to Cambridge in order to speak before a luncheon meeting of the Teacher's Association to be held today.

Senator Royal S. Copeland, of New York, who was to appear on the same program with Mrs. Roosevelt wired yesterday, ". . . regret that the legislative situation prevents my leaving floor of Senate." Though unable to attend, Copeland has arranged for John A. Randol, of the Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute, to come to Cambridge and read his speech before the Association.

Mrs. Fisher, well known author of fiction and magazine contributor under the name of Dorothy Canfield, was just entering a plane at the Chicago air field yesterday on her way to Albany when she received word from the Association.

Due to the unusual rush necessitated by the sudden reversal of plans, the subject of Mrs. Fisher's talk is not definitely known, though it is expected that she will speak on some subject related to Mrs. Roosevelt's intended speech, "The Difference Between What Is Learned in School and What Is Met With in Business After Leaving School."