Leverett Comedy Receives An Enthusiastic Reception

"The Relapse, or Virtue in Danger" Is Ably Presented

Messrs. Houghton's and Morrison's production of "The Relapse or Virtue in Danger" was received by a wildly enthusiastic, and exclusively male, audience last evening. The play itself, although spoken in the frank vernacular of 1696, paled by contrast with the vigorous performances of students, tutors, janitor, and House Master.

In the large cast there were no individual stars, all playing their parts to perfection. Mr. Jaffee was a very vain and effeminate villain, pursuing the beauteous Miss Hoyden (Mr. Cummin), who did not care to whom she surrendered her irksome virginity. Mr. Gross made a handsome young hero, while Mr. Gaggin was a robust father of the heroine. Playing his part with feeling, Mr. Kuhlke made a fine man of doubtful virility. Also not to be forgotten were Mr. Rabenold, who was perfect as the hero's young servant, and Mr. Humphreys, who made a vigorous old nurse.

High spots in the performance were the sterling blunderbuss-shooting of Mr. Murdock and the valiant actions of Mr. Jackson, whose mute eloquence brought the audience to its feet in wild acclaim.