A Bigger and Better Bolshevik Plot

THE PRESS

The "New York American" has made a perfectly horrendous discovery. Most of America's outstanding educators and college presidents are Bolsheviks.

Included are John Dewey, Chancellor Chase of New York University, President Graham of North Carolina, President Hutchins of Chicago, President Neilson of Smith, President Wilkins of Oberlin, Dean Russell of Teachers College, Columbia; Professor Counts of the same school, Dean Withers of the School of Education at N.Y.U. and Robert L. Kelley, secretary at the Association of American Colleges.

Now every reader of the Hearst press knows that Bolsheviks have beards, and carry bombs in their Left hands. How have these gentlemen managed so long to keep their true character hidden while teaching Communism to American youth?

Watch closely. In Moscow, the Hearst press has discovered, there is a State University. The State University has a summer session. The summer session has an Anglo-American Section. The Angle-American section has an American Advisory Organization. The American Advisory Organization is the Institute of International Education. The Institute of International Education has a National Advisory Council.

AND THESE NEFARIOUS GENTLMEN ARE ON THAT ADVISORY COUNCIL.

Could Anything be clearer?

Secretly, advertising only in the magazines, and circulating their travel literature through such obscure travel agencies as Cook's these educators have been enticing American students to Moscow.

"Obviously," says the "New York American" in a front-page editorial, "for the purpose of making adept COMMUNIST PROPAGANDISTS out of them.

* * *

As People Who Think, we mop our brows, staggered.

* * *

Nevertheless, one-good plot deserves another, and now we'll tell one.

Wicked though they are, these educators merely serve on a council for an organization which advises the Anglo-American section of the summer session of a State University in Moscow.

The gentlemen we wish to expose are worse, WORSE! They have accepted money from the Soviet Government to give it advice on how to build up the Soviet Union.

One of them was adviser to the Soviet Auto Trust in building the automobile factory at Gorki. He is a Detroiter whose name is Henry Ford.

Another is Percy H. Johnson, governor of the Bankers Club and chairman of the board of the Chemical Bank and Trust Company. He is director of the Electric Auto-Lite of Toledo, also a paid advisor of the Soviet Auto Trust.

Then there is the chap who, like so many of these dangerous foreigners, hails from Pittsburgh. His Koppers Construction Company has taught the Soviets how to build coke ovens. His name is Andrew Mellon.

A family known as the du Ponts helped the Soviet Fertilizer Trust to build its fertilizer plants. The RCA accepted a contract to advise on radio matters. Among its directors are Cornelius N. Bliss and Major General James G. Harbord. Both these Bolsheviks are on the boards of Bankers Trust and "New York Life.

Likewise among the conspirators is Mr. Owen d. Young whose International General Electric accepted money of advise the Soviet Electro-Technical Trust.

And, lest we forget, one of the concerns which have been doing business with the Nationalizers of Women at Moscow is the American Metal Company.

One of the directors on American Metal is Edward H. Clark, representing the interests of one William Randolph Hearst.

We offer this Bigger and Better Bolshevik Plot, free of charge, to the Hearst press. --New York Post.