The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

PIERIAN SODALITY TO CLOSE SEASON TONIGHT

Holmes will direct Selections From Bach and Beethoven--Kirkpatrick Harpsichord Soloist

In a program with music ranging from Bach and Beethoven to a piece composed by David J. Holden '35, the Pierian Sodality of 1808 will close it one hundred and twenty-seventh concert season this evening in Paine Hall at 8.15 o'clock. Serge Koussevitsky is expected to attend.

The full orchestra will play under the direction of Malcolm H. Holmes '28. Ralph L. Kirkpatrick '31, is the guest soloist and will perform on the harpsichord. Kirkpatrick has made himself the outstanding harpsichord artist in the country.

He will play selections from Handel and Bach on the instrument that they originally composed them for, and give the audience an opportunity to discover how their contemporaries heard them.

The program will include Fireworks Music by Bandel, Harpsichord Concerto in F-minor by Bach, French Suite by David J. Bolden '35, Music zu einem Ritterballet by Beethoven, Harpsichord Concerto in E-major by Bach, and three Roumanian Folk Dances by Bartok.