The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be withheld.)

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

For the benefit of advertisers in its columns, the CRIMSON has pointed with deserved pride to its success in assembling before the steps of Widener some 1500 students who "participated" in the Anti-War Strike last April 13. The large turnout was truly an indication of effective journalism on the part of the CRIMSON. But that this effectiveness should have been put to a somewhat perverted use appears now as regrettable. The fiasco of the Anti-War Strike last year engendered by the CRIMSON, has resulted in repercussions which it had not anticipated, and which it, if it is to be consistent editorially, must now view with some misgivings.

I refer here to the unfortunate hesitancy and suspicion with which student organizations at Harvard have reacted to the invitation of the Continuations Committee of the Armistice Day Anti-War Conference requesting participation in a sane review of the peace problem. But the CRIMSON's success in creating the erroneous impression that Anti-War Strike, N.S.L. and Communism are synonymous terms has prevented wide and whole-hearted support of a move which it has itself editorially supported namely, the promotion of peace. Until last year's affair can be forgotten, or unless the CRIMSON takes steps to rectify its inadvertancy, only a modicum of serious thought can be expected of Harvard student on this account. S. R. Srole '36.

(President, Harvard Menorah Society.)