BASEBALL TEAM PLANS LEAGUE GAME APRIL 6

Announces Schedule of Five Games for Week of Vacation, to Be Climaxed by Pennsylvania Game, League Opener

Climaxing a spring trip of five games in six days, the Varsity baseball team opens its League competition on Saturday, April 6, with a game against Pennsylvania, runner-up for last year's League championship and rated this year as one of the most formidable teams in the circuit.

Four games will precede the League opener, with Villanova facing the Mitchellmen on April 3, Navy on April 3, Georgetown on April 4, and Maryland on April 5, all games to be played on the rivals' home grounds.

Seventeen men will make the trip, but Coach Mitchell emphasized the fact that he had as yet made no decision as to the final Varsity squad for the season. With the exception of a few veterans from last year, no one has yet definitely secured a berth on the team, and the Crimson baseball mentor stated that until further notice, all positions were still open.

For the opening game with Villanova, the tentative line-up includes Gibbs at first base, Bilodean of last year's Freshman team of the keystone sack, Adzigian at third. Woodruff at shortstop, Maguire behind the plate, and either Lincoln or Braggietti hurling them over.