The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Salients in the Day's News

RECORD BROKEN

Washington, March 26--Conservative forces attacked the administration program on three fronts today, charging that the tariff, stock market and Wagner Bills would injure industry and investors.

The tariff bill empowering the President to negotiate reciprocal trade treaties would "destroy industries in which 5,000,000 Americans are employed," Rep. Bertrand Snell, R., N. Y. charges as the House resumed debate on the measure.

The Stock Market Bill, through a provision restricting floor traders, would work "substantial injury to the interests of the entire investing public of the United States," the floor traders committee of the New York Stock Exchange charged in a petition to Congressional committees considering exchange regulation. The Wagner Bill preventing management from influencing unions would harm industry by "destroying the friendly relations between employer and employee," James A. Emery, spokesman for the National Association of Manufacturers, told the Senate Labor Committee.

Washington, March 26--The Senate today accepted House amendments to the Independent Offices Bill, which add $200,000,000 to the budget worked out by the Administration, all of the increase going to war veterans and federal employees. The House completed Congressional action on the Emergency Airmail Bill by accepting Senate amendments