The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

SPEAKING PRIZES WON BY SULLIVAN AND SZATHMARY

Poor, Dean, Vardack, Dunn, Killiam, And Winsauer Among Contestants For Annual Prizes

Arthur Szathmary '37 and A. Gilman Sullivan '36 were the respective winners of the Lee Wade and Boylston Prizes for Elocution in the final competition held at Paine Hall last night.

Szathmary gave an excerpt from "Tristram," by Edward Arlington Robinson, while Sullivan recited Robert Emmet's "Under Sentence of Death." An award of $50 will be given to each.

Shipherd Robinson Second

The second Boylston prize, consisting of $35, was won by Shipherd Robinson '36, who recited selections from President Conant's 1934 Baccalaureate Sermon. Robert A. Robinson '36, who gave excerpts from Charles Evans Hugh's "A Tribute to Oliver Wendell Holmes on His Ninetieth Birthday," won the third Boylston prize, also of $35.

Presiding was E. Francis Bowditch '35, second marshal of the Senior Class. The judges were Bliss Perry, professor-emeritus of English; Edward C. Moore, professor-emeritus of Theology and Christian Morals; and Oliver M. W. Sprague '94, Edmund Cogswell Converse Professor of Banking and Finance.

Others speakers who competed last evening were Henry V. Poor '36, William T. Dean, Jr. '37, Alexander Vardack '35, Robert Dunn '37, Paul Killiam, Jr. '37, and Roy W. Winsauer '36.