TRACKSTERS TAKE SECOND PLACE IN INTERCOLLEGIATES

Scheu Loses Race to Venzke But Wins From Two Men Who Will Be Rivals In Mile Run at Tri Meet

Placing men in five events but failing to capture a first place in any, Harvard rolled up a total of 16 points at the New York Intercollegiates track meet on Saturday, to take a second place, with Manhattan retaining its title.

In the distance runs, Harvard was at its best, placing in 1500-meter, 3000-meter, and 3200-meter relay. Schumann and Woodberry tied for third in the pole vault, and Green's third in the 50-meter hurdles completed the scoring for the Farrellmen.

Scheu Beats Quimby

Scheu in the 1500-meters was beaten by Venzke, who was clocked in the rather slow time of 3:57.6, but the Crimson captain won easily from Meaden of Cornell and Quimby of Dartmouth, the two men who will be his main opponents in the Triangular Meet mile this Saturday. Ray of Manhattan failed to place in the run.

Playfair took fifth in the 3200-meters which was won by a Manhattan runner. Bruce Kerr of Cornell, Saturday's Tri-Meet opponent for the Harvard distance man, took second.

Milt Green's performance in the 50-meter hurdles netted him only a third place, behind Manhattan's Pessoni, who tied the record, and Phil Good of Bowdoin. Green has so far this season failed to beat Good in the longer hurdles, but has consistently edged him out in the 45-yard high sticks.

The relay quartet avenged its previous defeat by N. Y. U., but fell short of outspeeding the batonmen from Manhattan and Boston College.