CORLISS LAMONT AIRS VIEWS ON HEARST "LIES"

Friends of Soviet Union Assemble In Ford Hall to Protest Anti-Red Activities of Yellow Journals

Corliss Lamont '24, flayed William Randolph Hearst and Hamilton Fish, Jr. '10, in his speech to a scattered few Friends of the Soviet Union assembled at Ford Hall last night. He remarked cryptically that "Ham Fish represented the Pilgrim Fathers, and would have served his country a great deal better if he had kept playing football instead of going into politics." He intimated that Hearst had cooperated with Hitler in attacking the Soviet Union.

Lamont, who is the National Chairman of the Friends of the Soviet Union, laid the cause of the nation's depressions to "the periods of underconsumption resulting from the capitalistic system. The consumptive capacity of the country is almost infinite, and all that would be necessary to remedy the situation would be to reduce the hours of labor."

Interpreting the results of the day's undergraduate effort to organize against war. Lamont said, "The student demonstrations today are indicative of the attitude against war and indirectly against Hearst."