ANNUAL H-Y-P DEBATE TO BE HELD NEXT, FRIDAY

WINNER OF TRYOUTS TO RECEIVE COOLIDGE PRIZE

Clashing on the subject "Resolved, That a policy of economic nationalism is advisable for the United States," A. Gilman Sullivan '36, Irving R. Murray '36, and Thomas W. Stephenson '37 will uphold the affirmative against Yale next Friday evening, while Thomas H. Quinn '36, Powers McLean '35, and Charles B. Feibleman '36 will journey to Princeton to defend the negative against the Nassan orators in the annual Harvard-Yale-Princeton triangular debate, it was announced last night following the Debating Council tryouts.

With Frederick DeW. Bolman '35, president of the Council, presiding, the home debate will be held at 8 o'clock in the Lowell House Common Room. Alternates for the Yale contest will be W. Tucker Dean '37, Hubert H. Nexon '37, and Bennett Frankel '37, whereas those assisting at the Princeton debate will be Harold W. Danser '37, James B. Hallett '37, and Edward G. Duggan '37.

Although each of the six competing speakers will receive one of the Coolidge gold medals, established by the T. Jefferson Coolidge Fund, that orator who has made the best showing in the tryouts will receive the Coolidge Prize of $100, to be awarded on the night of the debate. In order that the winner of this prize may be definitely determined, the Harvard affirmative and negative teams will hold a practice debate tonight, at which Edmund M. Rowe '27, director of Debating, will assist several outside judges in making the final selection.