ORATORS PREPARE FOR H-Y-P DEBATE ON FRIDAY

Coolidge Orator Chosen Last Night at Practice Debate--Freshmen Hold Own Coolidge Competitions

Preparations for the triangular debate with Yale and Princeton have reached their final stage, with the two Crimson teams holding practice debates. At the one last night, final determination of the Coolidge Prize speaker, who will receive $100, was made by Edmund M. Rowe '27, director of Debating, assisted by several outside judges. The winner will be announced Friday.

The negative team of Thomas H. Quinn '36, Power McLean '35, and Charles B. Feibleman '36 will go to Princeton to face the Tiger orators while the affirmative team of A. Gilman Sullivan '36, Irving R. Murray '36, and Thomas W. Stephenson '37 will clash with the Blue debaters in the Lowell House Common Room, Friday night at 8 o'clock.

Tickets for reserved seats at the Cambridge debate may be obtained free in the lobby of C-entry of Adams House from 2 until 5 o'clock today and tomorrow. The debate is open to all members of the University.

Trials for the Coolidge Prize of $50 open to Freshmen only will be held tomorrow afternoon at 4.15 o'clock in the Upper Common Room of the Union when the six men for the two teams in the Freshman triangular debate with Yale and Princeton will be selected.