WOODWARD TAKES MILE RUN FROM JACK SHEU

HORNBOSTEL VICTOR OVER ESTES IN 3200-METER RUN

Pitted against Scheu and Bliss, winners of the 1000-yard run in the Tri Meet, Bob Woodward Thursday stole the spotlight in the University Handicap Meet by breaking the tape for the 1500-meters in record time, 4:9.2. Other highlights of the meet included Hornbostel's victory over Bay Estes in the 3200-meter and Milt Green's two wins in the hurdle events.

Woodward's victory in the 1500 won him the coveted Frank Wells Cup, while Green was awarded the Gaucelon Bowl for the 220-meter hurdles and the Kiogenes High Hurdles Trophy for his win in the 110-meter hurdles. The Jaques Cup was won by Hornbostel.

Other trophies were awarded as follows: Mansfield Trophy for 100-meter dash to Norman Cahners '36; Dodge Cup for 200-meter dash to Richard Brayton '37; S. Gannet Wells Cup for 400-meter dash to Sherman Brayton '38; Evan Hollister Trophy for 800-meter run to Hugh R. Magill, Jr. '35; Fearing Cup for high jump to William W. Shirk '38; George S. Haydock Memorial Cup for pole vault to Albert B. Carlson '38; Clarence C. Little Broad Jump Trophy to Emile Dubiel '37; Von Kersburg Trophy for hammer-throw to Chester H. Brown '37; Edward L. Farrell Shot Put Cup to E. Hamlin Turner Jr. '38; Donovan Discuss Trophy to Malcolm Millard '36; and the Jaakko Mikkola Javelin Cup to Jesse Kirk '37.