DEBATING PRIZE GOES TO A. GILMAN SULLIVAN

T. Jefferson Coolidge Medal Awarded in H-Y-P Debate Tryout--T. H. Quinn, Feibleman Get Honorable Mention

The T. Jefferson Coolidge prize for the best speaking in the tryouts for the H-Y-P triangular debate was awarded this year to A. Gilman Sullivan '36, it was announced last night by Edward M. Rowe '27, director of debating. Honorable mention went to Thomas H. Quinn '36 and to Charles B. Feibleman '35.

Sullivan distinguished himself on the Harvard team which defeated Yale last week by a unanimous decision while Quinn and Feibleman were debating on the losing team at Princeton.

Coolidge debating medals of gold were awarded to all those who debated in the tri-meet. Besides the three above men, medals were awarded to Irving R. Murray '36, Thomas W. Stephenson '37, and Powers McLean '35.

Silver medals were awarded to the following alternates: W. Tucker Dean '37, Hubert H. Nexon '37, Bennett Frankel '37, Harold W Danser '37, Edward J. Duggan '37, and James B. Hallett '37.

The judges of the awards, which were made unanimously in all cases, were: Paul C. Reardon '32, director of Freshman debating; Dr. Daniel B. Reardon '99, and Paul R. Bishop of the Bishop-Lee School, Boston.